Manager / Senior Manager, Assurance
Are you dynamic, hands-on, love solving problems, thrive under pressure and a natural people influencer? Then you need to come to the right place! We’re a dedicated team of customer-centric CPAs who thrive on creating the best experiences possible – for both our customers and for our team members.
Who we are:
At Facet Advisors, we believe that life is meant to be lived – and we help our people truly live their lives. Have a dream travel destination? We’ll help you get there. Have kids involved in sports? We’ll make sure you don’t have to miss the big game. Talent is our language: If you want to build on your expertise, we’ll invest in your continued learning.
As an accounting firm with locations in Langley and Gastown/Vancouver, Facet Advisors is about more than taxes and number crunching. Unlike the big firms, we get to know each of our clients intimately. Whether its business consulting, corporate tax planning, US tax services, or personal taxation, we don’t just work to meet deadlines—we make sure the whole financial picture is healthy and strategic. Our dynamic leadership team has a successful track record of supporting local, national and international businesses.
We are looking to add a key player to our assurance practice – an up-and-coming professional (Manager or Senior Manager) who is:
- Versatile and resourceful – you find ways over, around or through barriers to success;
- A problem-solver with “common-sense smarts” – you match a practical approach to sophisticated situations (and do it with ease);
- Customer-centric – you love playing a key role in a client’s success;
- A confident play-caller – neither indecisive nor hip-shooter; and
- A true people builder – you actively train and coach those around you, in all areas of life.
Purpose: The primary purpose of the Manager, Assurance is to:
- Lead and manage accounting and assurance engagements, such as reviews, compilations and personal/corporate tax compliance
- Develop and grow client relationships, ensuring a customer-centric experience, each and every time.
- Promote Facet’s experience, expertise, services, and awesome culture
- Actively participate in team development and training, including mentoring, training and growing our student accountants
Ideally, you have:
- A Canadian CPA designation, (any legacy), with current experience as a Senior Manager, Assurance or a minimum of 3+ years as a Manager, Assurance in a CPA firm;
- Excellent verbal communication skills along with the ability to be collaborative and persuasive;
- A proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships; and
- The ability to not take oneself too seriously.
Please connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.