Are you dynamic, hands-on, love solving problems, thrive under pressure and a natural people influencer? Then you need to come to the right place! We’re a dedicated team of customer-centric CPAs who thrive on creating the best experiences possible – for both our customers and for our team members.
Who we are:
At Facet Advisors, we believe that life is meant to be lived – and we help our people truly live their lives. Have a dream travel destination? We’ll help you get there. Have kids involved in sports? We’ll make sure you don’t have to miss the big game. Talent is our language: If you want to build on your expertise, we’ll invest in your continued learning.
As an accounting firm with locations in Langley and Gastown/Vancouver, Facet Advisors is about more than taxes and number crunching. Unlike the big firms, we get to know each of our clients intimately. Whether its business consulting, corporate tax planning, US tax services, or personal taxation, we don’t just work to meet deadlines—we make sure the whole financial picture is healthy and strategic. Our dynamic leadership team has a successful track record of supporting local, national and international businesses.
What you will do:
- Collaborate on tax consulting and compliance for a diverse client base, including researching tax issues and preparing tax memos and letters to clients
- Apply Canadian tax expertise to varied client situations
- Represent clients with tax authorities in examining and resolving issues
- Identify opportunities and risks related to tax issues
- Tax planning for private company clients, including corporate reorganizations and estate planning
- Share knowledge with peers in order to develop personal professional skills and improve service delivery
- Seek opportunities to sell tax planning and other special services and participate in the sales process
- Provide a stable, flexible environment for your team, encouraging personal and professional development
What you bring to the table:
- A Canadian CPA designation, (any legacy), with minimum 3-5 years post-designation experience
- Minimum of 2 years of management role experience
- Minimum of 3 years of tax experience
- Completed CICA In-Depth Tax Course
- Sound technical knowledge of Canadian Income Tax Act.
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal
- Proven people influencing and leadership ability
- Experience working in a high-growth or entrepreneurial environment
- Have a great sense of humour and enthusiasm
How to join our team:
Please send your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why work with us?
- Flexible Work Arrangements – To balance a quality career with a quality life
- Location, Location, Location – Ditch your downtown commute and expensive parking bills
- A Caring Environment – We aren’t big on closed doors or office politics. We have built a positive work environment and want to understand what motivates you
- Continued Education – When you look good, we look good. We make it a priority to support continuous learning at all levels and set a clear path for career advancement opportunities
- Room For Fun – From table tennis competitions to team celebrations for victories and milestones, we focus on creating a place people enjoy coming to
- Compelling Compensation – Along with competitive compensation and benefit packages, we also offer additional opportunities to earn more through performance bonus and commission programs